Monday, February 18, 2013

Musing Mondays


Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.


The Office of Mercy: A Novel
Right now, I'm reading The Office of Mercy by Ariel Djanikian. It's definitely interesting, though not as original as some of the other post-apocalyptic fiction I've read. There are some predictable elements, but the questions the book poses about what we think of as mercy and suffering definitely make up for some of its faults.












4 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

I basically love any dystopian novel. I dont know why, because oftentimes they leave me feeling worried and exhausted, and scared that it may come true one day.
haha
but i still love them.
-Theresa M. Jones

Yvonne said...

I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds interesting. Enjoy!

Daystarz Books said...

I like any book that makes me think about challenging questions or issues. Here's my MM:http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/747/

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I hadn't heard of this one, but now I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.