Thursday, October 18, 2012

Booking Through Thursday


They say you can’t judge a book by its cover, but there’s no question that it can make a difference!
What book(s) have your favorite covers? Something that’s perfect for the story, the tone, the colors, the mood…
And did you pick up the book BECAUSE of the cover? Or were you going to read it anyway, and the cover was just serendipitous?


The book I'm reading right now, Florence and Giles by John Harding, has a great cover. It is, actually, what drew me to the book, since I love crows. The book is very good, too, so the cover did help me discover a book I might otherwise have missed.













Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn also has a fantastic cover. Huh, I guess I have a thing for dark colors on my covers. The books was brilliant. One of my favorite reads this year.
















5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like both of those covers. I like darker covers as well. Thanks for stopping by.

wcs53 said...

I really like the first one, reminds me of the cover of a book of Poe poetry I have. Thanks for visiting my post earlier.

Anonymous said...

Very dark and moody covers. Thanks for vising my blog!

Erfa said...

Cool covers! I bet they help set the mood for the actual novel, don't they? Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day! :D

Anonymous said...

I automatically thought of Poe too after seeing the Florence and Giles cover.

"quote the raven nevermore"