Monday, January 23, 2012

Musing Mondays


This week’s musing asks…
Why do you think that the Young Adult genre is so popular with even the adult readers? Do you read YA books, yourself?

I think the biggest thig that attracts adult readers to the YA genre is the element of fantasy in the stories. Whether it comes from paranormal influences, or from the the thrill of a romance that for some reason or other is usually dangerous or forbidden. At least that's what calls me to the stories.

I do read YA books. Now, there are a lot of them out there that are carbon copies of each other, so I have to be choosy with the ones I read. They can get pretty repetitive if they don't have at least one original concept behind them.






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I do enjoy the fantasy and paranormal aspects of YA fiction.

Laura BurgandyIce said...

YA Fantasy is def my fav - and I'm careful about not running into repeats, too. I research a lot before I dive in. (Sometimes)
http://www.burgandyice.blogspot.com/2012/01/musings-and-readathon.html

JC Jones said...

I do like some of the story lines in YA but do not read much. Thanks for visiting.

Tina said...

I find with most types of books, I have to switch off or it all seems redundant after a while. The worst are romance and mysteries. There's nothing new under the sun, after all.