Monday, November 14, 2011

Musing Mondays


This week’s musing asks…

Are you currently collecting any authors? Why?
Do you have all of their books? If not, why not?
Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there? Have you actually read all of the collection? If not, why not?

After I read The Poisonwood Bible years ago, I knew I had to have ALL of Barbara Kingsolver's books. Her writing is incredible and her stories are inimitable. She's the one author I can honestly say I will always buy her books, no matter what. I have read all of the ones she's written so far and can't wait for more.
I've tried, also, to collect Stephen King books, since I really enjoy the way he tells a story, but there are so many of them it's hard to keep track! I'm working on it, though.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know about Kingsolver's books. But Stephen King I do know, and he does have a LOT of books. I'm not a fan though, so I've only one or two books of him I think.

JC Jones said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your list is very short compared to mine.

Unknown said...

Gotta love Stephen King! Quality with a lot to choose from.. I recently moved to Maine, and, especially at night, I can see where he gets his inspiration..

caite said...

an author like King, with just so, so many books, it become overwhelming.

Yvonne said...

I used to be more of a collector. Not so much anymore.

Anonymous said...

I have The Poisonwood Bible but haven't read it yet ... I think I should now! I have a few Stephen King books, too, but he does have a huge library, so it would take me a while to collect those.