Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's list: Top Ten Favorite Book Settings

1. Hogwart's from the Harry Potter Series. This one is probably going to be on everyone's list, but I couldn't leave it out. It's just so wonderful.

2. Krynn from the Dragonlance Series, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Preferrably after the Cataclysm, thank you very much.

3. Appalachia in Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver. I love the lushness of the land and peace in it.

4. Middle Earth from LOTR by Tolkien. Love the magical atmosphere, it really pulls you in.

5. Victorian London from The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber. Although I wold have to be quite rich to be comfortable as a single woman.

That's all I can come up with, you?


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I picked Hogwarts too. It's such a magical (pun intendend)place and would be so neat if it were actually true. The middle earth is a great choice too, but I'd be scared of all the creatures.

Unknown said...

I love Middle Earth and Hogwarts. :)
Victorian London would be a great place to visit, too. I haven't heard of Krynn, maybe I shall check it out...:)

gautami tripathy said...

I covered almost every place, I think!

Here is my Top Ten post!

Anonymous said...

Prodigal Summer is one of my all time favorite books! I love that you included it! I would love to live there, in the orchards or the forest.